Monday, January 23, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…
Oh, don’t get me started on Sound of Music – I can go all day!  Today I’m going to share with you my favorite things.  Oh, they are no where near as cool as Oprah’s favorite things and sorry, hate to break it to you, I won’t be yelling, “AND ALL OF YOU HAVE ONE UNDER YOUR SEAT!”, like she does.  LOL.  These items I used pretty regularly and I have found them all invaluable in my training. 

Garmin Watch
I have the 305 model, but I’m pretty convinced any and all of the watches out there are awesome.  I can program all my workouts in there and it helps keep me on track during my workouts.  Then I can use the data the watch captures during my workout to analyze and adapt next workouts (and celebrate good efforts!).    There are days when I yell at it, but they are easily forgotten.  I would now be lost without my watch.  It is definitely worth the cost. 
Rubber Bands
I try to use my rubber bands 2 times a week to work on strengthening my hips.  While I have a gym membership, I don’t have time in the mornings to do a strength training routine and the thought of going back to the gym at night is hardly entertaining.  The nice thing with my bands is the exercises I need to do take only about 15 minutes and I can do them at home while we all hang out.
Road ID
For $20, this little wristband literally could be a lifesaver.  I wear it for all my workouts.  While I hope it never happens, should I fall and be found unconscious, this wristband tells people who I am and who to contact. 
Emergen-C
OMG...this is the BOMB!  We all run ourselves down trying to get that one last workout in, these are critical on those days when you think you might be too run down and at risk of the dreaded cold!

Rollers: Foam and The Grid         
I SUFFER with ITBS (google it).  One of the best ways to treat it is to get a myofascial massage.  I’m not a “Real Housewife of Miami” and therefore cannot afford daily massage.  What I can afford are my Grid and Foam Roller.  For a couple of bucks, these two torturous devices are keys to keeping my ITBS in check (+ my rubber bands).   I just got “The Grid” and whoever invented must have transported in time from the days they used to torture people cause it’s painful – in a good way.  It REALLY digs into the muscles.  I easily ‘roll’ 5 days a week.

How about you bloggers?  Care to share some of your favorite things?

No comments:

Post a Comment