Saturday, January 7, 2012

GAME ON

So did we all survive the first week of 2012?  It was rough going back to work again, even if it was for only 4 days.   Bloggers, we had a good week this week; I got back in the pool, had some really good runs and survived a “Florida Freeze”.  The big news?  The first Triathlon is scheduled!  On March 18th, I will be participating in a sprint triathlon.  Yay!  I’m not sure yet, if I’m going to race it-race it or use it as a training race, however there is one reason I might race it – race it and that reason is “Aksoy”.
Aksoy is not a thing, but a person, in fact he’s the husband of my training partner, who recently got bitten by the triathlon bug.  When he raced his first one, it was a similar distance to my first one and I told him he had to beat my time of 1:43, and wouldn’t you know it, the bugger finished in 1:42:59 – hand to God.
It’s officially 10 weeks to race day and so for the next 10 weeks I have a new mission statement.  It’s quite simple:

Every workout, every stretch, every roll on the foam roller, I will be single focused on this mission.
Can I beat him?  Realistically, I don’t think so.  I’m confident I’ll CRUSH him on the swim portion (Oh yes I just told the internet I’ll crush you!), but he’ll pay it back on the bike leg as he is way stronger than me on the bike, so then it would come down to the run.  We’ll see, but both of us seem to be enjoying the competition to help motivate our training.
GAME ON MY FRIEND, GAME ON...

1 comment: